We are thrilled to announce the opening of the third edition of the Lyon Improv Fest, also known as LIF, taking place from August 20th to 26th. As the very first international improv festival in Lyon, we take great pride in bringing together renowned international guests whom we have admired and followed for years.
LIF is one of the largest improv events in France. 300+ improvisers, 30+ workshops, 30+ shows. It is the very first festival bringing together so many different improv trends. Choose your own path, register for workshops or apply with your own shows.
Dear Participants, Artists, and Improvisation Enthusiasts,
It is with great pleasure that I extend a warm welcome to you at the Lyon Improv Fest, an esteemed international festival dedicated to the art of improvisation. Our primary objective is to create a global platform where experiences and expertise can be shared within the improvisation community.
We are deeply committed to upholding ethical and economically responsible practices throughout our festival. We firmly believe in ensuring fair compensation for every artist’s performance. It is our unwavering principle that all improvisers, regardless of their background, should have access to affordable rates that are tailored to the prevailing purchasing power in their respective countries.
We actively encourage everyone to share their unique skills through captivating performances and engaging workshops. By fostering an environment of equality and inclusivity, we aim to celebrate and embrace the rich diversity of cultures and individual origins. To ensure the well-being and respect of all participants, we have thoughtfully implemented a comprehensive code of conduct that all festival-goers are kindly requested to acknowledge before joining us.
The Lyon Improv Fest takes place in a small theater passionately managed by a team that harbors ambitious aspirations. We are dedicated to creating an atmosphere that warmly embraces all individuals, irrespective of their cultural and ethnic backgrounds. Our fundamental purpose is to make improvisation accessible to all, fostering unity and promoting a harmonious coexistence.
I wholeheartedly welcome each and every one of you to this extraordinary event. It gives me immense joy to have you here in Lyon, renowned as the gastronomic capital. Let us unite, revel in the art of improvisation, and bask in the vibrant ambiance of this festival.
The Lyon Improv Fest is dedicated to creating an inclusive and welcoming environment for all participants. Our Code of Conduct applies to students, teachers, performers, volunteers, and all members of the LIF community. We have drawn inspiration from the Nursery Festival’s code of conduct, with the kind permission of Stephen, the festival’s founder.
1. Respect Boundaries: Communicate and honor personal boundaries both on and off stage, recognizing that these boundaries may vary for each individual.
2. Maintain Safe and Appropriate Physical Contact: Ensure that any physical contact remains safe and socially appropriate at all times.
3. Speak Up: If something makes you uncomfortable or if you observe another participant experiencing discomfort, please voice your concerns. Listening with an open mind when someone else speaks up is essential.
4. Act with Intelligence and Integrity: Play to the best of your abilities, upholding a high standard of intelligence and integrity in your improvisation.
5. Assume Good Intentions: Recognize that individuals rarely intend to be offensive. Approach interactions with the belief that people have good intentions.
6. Embrace Diversity: In improv, you have the freedom to embody any character or persona. Ensure that everyone else enjoys the same freedom of expression.
7. Address Concerns: If you have any questions, complaints, or if you have experienced any form of misconduct within a workshop venue or at an LIF event, please reach out to any staff member or contact us.
8. Avoid Spreading Rumors: Refrain from spreading rumors or engaging in gossip. Rumors are not a reliable source of information and can cause harm. If you have concerns or questions, address them through the appropriate channels.
9. Conflict Resolution: In the event of a conflict, we work with a **mediator of justice** in France and a law firm to ensure fair and just resolution. A mediator of justice is an independent person responsible for finding an amicable solution to civil disputes, such as conflicts. The law makes mediation mandatory in certain disputes. We will not hesitate to involve them if necessary.